Monday, October 13, 2008

Dayout and Daybreak in Quezon Island

Quezon Island - one among the hundred+.

This trip to the hundred islands was the first trip i planned for a camp beside a beach and i am terribly excited about it. I wanted it a private encounter with the less visited one but seeing all the islands soaked to the depths of one open sea, i had my second thoughts. My great fear is to be left alone in the midst of the sea and to be in an island i know not the risks, my fear took control of me. So when it was mentioned that Quezon island is among the only islands which has facilities and almost always, visitors, we started our boatride towards the island.

Upon arrival, we immediately inquired for camping. We were politely informed that pitching tents are only allowed from 6pm until 6 am of the next day. Although i was worried where to put my belongings, i was glad that the park authorities are strict on their policies to maintain the park.

Since it was almost lunch time, there were about 30-40 people picknicking and starting to prepare their lunch in the pavilion.They were griling seafoods on one side and i felt my appetite awakening my hunger. So we lose not one minute and started to grill some fish and meat too.
A fresh lunch with one beautiful view, it was simply delicious.
The sun was too proud yet for us to start frolicking so we just decided to find a shady place where we thought we could nap for a while. Lying down, i couldn't help but wonder with the awesome art that nature has presented me at that time. Although the gentle breeze was fanning me towards sleep, i decided to just sit comfortably and let the time pass so lazily.

When the afternoon felt friendly on the skin, we ran towards the beach. We did a little snorkeling and seen some underwater action. i slipped once and unfortunately sat on the corals and got myself a bruise but this did not keep me from playing with the waves.

And as the dusk started to bathe the whole island with such a beautiful island hue, i found myself waiting for the sunset.

And when the night came to a close, when i knew that i'd be spending one sweet sleep, i looked forward to a beautiful daybreak in the island.


And i had the most tasteful instant coffee on the beach, my feet on the sand, and the sea greeting me the gentlest morning.

Linked Posts
--1. Pangasinan's Hundred Islands
--3. Hopping on Hundred Islands' National Park

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great way to start
Hope to retire and have the View
Tremendously awestruck

jong

dang razon said...

hello sir!
glad you appreciated the view, yey!
ingat'z.