Tuesday, November 11, 2008

30 Minutes Up Close with Baliuag


As childish as it was, i didn't let the visit in Baliuag pass without chasing the flock of white birds in the rice paddies. I saw them while i was playing with my nephew along the road separating my ate's place from the plots tended by her in-laws. From a distance, the birds seemed to me only feathers playing with the breeze and settling finally. As it is, they were feeding on the leeches and snails on the empty frames. It was almost planting season again, and there were already farmers tending thier own with the help of their best-friends, the carabaos.
Had the rain didn't pour, i could have stayed in the plains longer.







The B and C Orchids Exhibit

Along the way, we stopped over at Razon's Halo-halo Baliuag Branch, but what caught my attention was the colorful orchids displayed 5 paces away. My papa and mama during my teen years have collected some rare and beautiful species of this flower and the whole family was fascinated with their vibrance and variety. Even now, we are still awed by the silent sophistication of this beautiful flora.

No comments: